03 November 2005

go knicks! clap clap clap...

Back from day two of what those in the business like to call "Promo" work....gag. The people I work with are, to be nice, really lame at what they do, and seemingly have trouble following the simplest of instructions. It's funny, at least, to watch them stand mutedly and try to hand out season schedules to New Yorkers who could care less about them. It's funny, also, to pretend I actually know something about this year's Knicks team.

And my 2XL Knick shirt looks awesome awesome awesome. I'll be sure to get some pictures of the amazingness that is my costume. And hopefully something with me and the giant life-sized cutouts of Knicks players. Wow like whoa.

A few more hours of endurance tomorrow morning (leaving again at 6:00a.m. for the festivities) and I'm done with "Promo" work for the time being. It's exhaustingly easy work, lets me construct subtle personae, and pays well, so I imagine this won't be my last time. Even though no one should ever be put through working with people who do "Promo" for life. They are just not impressive individuals.

I have just turned down attending a concert with my friends, partially out of exhaustion, and partially out of a deep hatred of the music that the band plays. I've seen them before, a couple times, and even though I'm friends with one of the members, I basically think they're not very good. I am such a snobbish ass. Particularly when it comes to performance.

Speaking of that, I don't clap anymore.

Ever.

Except in the most exceptional of circumstances.

Or the most ironic and amusing of circumstances.

Clapping is bullshit. Unless it is deserved. I'll usually give three or four clap motions after seeing a play or something...less after bands finish songs...

I refuse to stand for an ovation.

I haven't ever seen anything that good.

I am a dickwad.

But it's out of respect for the performers as growing artists and human beings.


Brilliance.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know what i love? when people open their cellphones in lieu of lighters at the end of concerts.

i also enjoy clapping harder for things that suck harder.

but i guess i'm the bigger dickwad.


*clap clap clap*

04 November, 2005 10:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home