10 November 2005

it is nearly time

The hour approaches when I will leave my humble apartment to board the subway on my way to the as-yet-unopened 595 Madison Avenue Coach flagship location, to work from midnight to 8:00 a.m., getting the store ready for it's grand unveiling next week, just in time for the holiday shopping season.

This is going to be a trip. My first all-nighter in some time. At least I'll be doing stuff the whole time, and not alone...though who knows what lameness could be working alongside me?

My intent is to post when I get home, as cracked out on hundred/thousand dollar handbags and accessories as one could humanly be.

And then sleep till I am dead.

And smile.

Two new things for next week:

one: becoming part of a paid research study on alcoholism and shit
two: interviewing for a job with an executive search firm


The lovely people upstairs are showering right now (10:07p.m.) and our bathroom is leaking again. Big J.C.


Case for killing people who compare college/professional/amateur theater productions to their high school experience - Ever hear a college or pro football player saying, "Dude, my high school team was so badass, we had, like, people waiting in line for all the shows, and once there was this agent who told me I played awesome, and I was in the paper for being the top scorer in my first game ever....etc..." without subsequently seeing him get his ass kicked by the rest of his teammates? Didn't think so.

Fuck stupid kids who think high school theater (and high school, in general) is the best thing ever.

For all their arrogance and pomposity, don't forget that their lives must really suck now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home